News and Information:
- Lake County Sheriff's Office offers Child Safety Seat Check on September 20th from 10 am -2 pm at the Highway Patrol Substation located at 1301 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Libertyville as part of Child Passenger Safety Week. The event is free to the public.
- FALL FESTIVAL - Mark your calendars for this year's FALL FESTIVAL! The event will be held October 5th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. at Eton Park and is hosted by the Parks and Recreation Commission.
- Tire Recycling Event! Friday, October 31, 2014 8 am to 1 pm, Lake County Division of Transportation offering event for Lake County Illinois residents - passenger car, truck and tractor tires accepted. The press release can be found here.
- BACOG Well Water Quality Testing Event, November 2014. Test Kit Pick-up at Village of North Barrington Village Hall, Novemer 10-13th during regular office hours. $10 per kit, only cash or checks are accepted; please have exact change or make checks payable to "Lake County Health Department". Test Kit Drop off - ONE DAY ONLY, November 18th, 3:30-7:00 pm at the Garlands of Barrington, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington. Read the full press release here.
- November 4, 2014 General Election information can be found here on the Lake County Clerk's website. The April 7, 2015 Consolidated Election filing information can be found here. Positions open on the Board include Village Trustee - four year term (3 open positions), and Village President - four year term. Petitions are available for pick up starting Tuesday, September 23, which is also the first day to circulate Nomination Petitions and Monday, December 22 the last day to file petitions. For more information, visit the Village Hall.
- Roberts & River Roads Road Closure- Lake County DOT will be closing River Road to through traffic from Kelsey Road to Roberts Road, beginning Monday, August 11th at 6 a.m. for FOUR months. The closure is necessary to install the ground improvement columns that wil stabilize the soils underneath the proposed roadway. Local traffic will have access to residences and businesses, from the south, within the closure area. Additional information regarding this project can be found here..
Assessment Notices: Property owners will be receiving their blue assessment notices over the next few weeks. It's important for taxpayers to read and understand this notice. A newsletter to connect you to the resources you will need to help you evaluate your property assessment can be found here.
- Waste Management Rates Increase. The Consumer Price Index change for the last 12 months was 2%; new monthly rates will take effect September 1st:
Senior Discount Curb Service
Senior Discount Backdoor Service
Seasonal Y/W Program
- GARAGE SALES. Occasional sales, commonly known as garage sales, house sales, estate sales, yard sales and rummage sales are permitted in the Village however; a permit is required if 3 or more persons from different households combine their efforts to hold the sale at 3 or more residences. The permit fee is $25.00 and applications are found here. Garage sales may not be conducted by the same household in excess of 2 days within any 6 month period. The sale must not begin before 9:00 a.m. nor continue later than 6:00 p.m. Temporary directional signs are permitted, but must be removed promptly at the conclusion of the sale.
- Lake County E-Newsletters. With a county as large as Lake County, keeping residents informed about county news and issues can be challenging. If you'd like to sign up for communications from our Board member (District 17, Nick Sauer), please click here.
- Barrington Area Community Calendar. To find out what is going on in your neighborhood as well as surrounding area, consult the online Barrington Area Community Calendar found here. You can even sign up for email notification! A great tool!
- Barrington Area Council on Aging (BACOA) Programs including Tax Assistance Program and Pace Dial-a-Ride can be found here.
- Conservation Information: Heritage Tree Ordinance, Best Management Practices Handbook, Conservation at Home programs including Rain Gardens can be found here.
- Garbage Collection & Recycling information (including electronics, compact fluorescent bulbs and prescriptions drugs) can be found here.
- Outdoor Activities - Eton Park, Citizens for Conservation and Stillman Nature Center information can be found here.
- Septic and Well Information can be found here.
- Utility Information: Aggregation, ComEd and NiCor Gas can be found here.
- Vehicle Stickers, Parking, Dogs and 50/50 Culvert Information can be found here.