News and Information:
- April 7, 2015 Consolidated Election Simultaneous Filing Lottery Notice - The Simultaneous Filing Lottery Notice can be found here. The lottery will be held Tuesday, December 30th at 9:00 a.m. and is open to the public.
- Village Hall Holiday Hours. The Village Hall will have special hours over the holidays. The Village Hall will be closed on December 24th, 25th and 26th. The Village Hall will be open on December 31st from 8:30a.m.-12:00p.m. and closed on New Year's Day, January 1, 2015. Have a safe and happy holiday season!
- Solicitation. Residents are reminded that solicitation is not allowed in the Village unless they have obtained a permit from the Village of North Barrington. Note the company, a license plate, and contact the Lake County Sheriff at either 911 or their non-emergency #847-549-5200. Police are warning residents to be careful when having holiday gifts delivered to their homes, as thieves often target delivery trucks, follow them and steal packages left outside homes.
- Electronic Recycling. Cuba Township can no longer accept Electronics for Recycling. A press release from SWALCO can be found here. For more information on recycling electronics in Illinois, please visit SWALCO's website found here.
- Recycle Old, Broken Holiday Lights. Drop off location at Barrington Pubic Works, 300 N. Raymond Ave., (847) 381-7903; 24-hour outside drop-off at office entrance. Ends March 5th.
- Lake County Sheriff's Office Warns Residents of Phone Scammers from missing jury duty, a granchild or relative stranded in jail, or to owing money to the IRS. For full details of these scams and how to contat your local police agency, click here.
- Scam Alert! Delinquent Property Taxes Letter to Seniors. The Lake County Treasurer's Office is alerting homeowners to a scam targeting seniors. Seniors are receiving a letter in the mail claiming that the County will take their house if they don't pay the delinquent taxes on their property. In each of the cases we've seen so far, the homeowner is paid in full and NOT delinquent in their taxes. If you receive one of these letters, you do not need to take any action if your taxes have been paid in full. If you have any questions or want to double check the status of your payment, you should call the Treasurer's Office at 847.377.2323 or check on line at www.lakecountyil.gov/treasurer. DO NOT contact the person listed on the letter.
- Village Comprehensive Plan. The Plan Commission has been working on updating the Comprehensive Plan. A draft copy of the plan can be found here. A pubic hearing on Monday, December 8th was held and the draft plan was approved. The Board will review the Plan at their regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, December 22 at 7:30 pm to publically discuss the plan. All are welcome to attend.
- April 7, 2015 Consolidated Election filing information can be found here. Positions open on the Board include Village Trustee - four year term (3 open positions), and Village President - four year term. Petitions are available for pick up starting Tuesday, September 23, which is also the first day to circulate Nomination Petitions and Monday, December 22 the last day to file petitions. The Village Hall will remain open until 5:00 p.m. on December 22nd as required by state statute 10 ILCS 5/1-4. For more information, contact the Village Hall.
- DAYS AND HOURS BURNING PERMITTED
Landscape Burn: Landscape burns may be conducted only on the following days and during the following times:
January through December any day between twelve o'clock (12:00) noon and five o'clock (5:00) P.M. but not on any national holiday that falls on those days.
Leaf Burn: Leaf burns may be conducted only on the following days and during the following times:
April 1 to May 31 and October 1 to November 30: On each Thursday and Sunday between ten o'clock (10:00) A.M. and three o'clock (3:00) P.M., but not on any national holiday that falls on those days.
No fire shall be left unattended and there should be a ready source of sufficient water to extinguish the fire in the event of any emergency. Burning on any public street or right of way within the Village is prohibited and subject to fine. The Village asks that all residents do their part in promoting the health and safety of all by following Village Ordinances.
- Lake County E-Newsletters. With a county as large as Lake County, keeping residents informed about county news and issues can be challenging. If you'd like to sign up for communications from our Board member (District 17, Nick Sauer), please click here.
- Barrington Area Community Calendar. To find out what is going on in your neighborhood as well as surrounding area, consult the online Barrington Area Community Calendar found here. You can even sign up for email notification! A great tool!
- Barrington Area Council on Aging (BACOA) Programs including Tax Assistance Program and Pace Dial-a-Ride can be found here.
- Conservation Information: Heritage Tree Ordinance, Best Management Practices Handbook, Conservation at Home programs including Rain Gardens can be found here.
- Garbage Collection & Recycling information (including electronics, compact fluorescent bulbs and prescriptions drugs) can be found here.
- Outdoor Activities - Eton Park, Citizens for Conservation and Stillman Nature Center information can be found here.
- Septic and Well Information can be found here.
- Utility Information: Aggregation, ComEd and NiCor Gas can be found here.
- Vehicle Stickers, Parking, Dogs and 50/50 Culvert Information can be found here.