News and Information:
- FALL FESTIVAL - Mark your calendars for this year's FALL FESTIVAL! The event will be held October 5th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. at Eton Park and is hosted by the Parks and Recreation Commission.
- DAYS AND HOURS BURNING PERMITTED
Landscape Burn: Landscape burns may be conducted only on the following days and during the following times:
January through December any day between twelve o'clock (12:00) noon and five o'clock (5:00) P.M. but not on any national holiday that falls on those days.
Leaf Burn: Leaf burns may be conducted only on the following days and during the following times:
April 1 to May 31 and October 1 to November 30: On each Thursday and Sunday between ten o'clock (10:00) A.M. and three o'clock (3:00) P.M., but not on any national holiday that falls on those days.
No fire shall be left unattended and there should be a ready source of sufficient water to extinguish the fire in the event of any emergency. Burning on any public street or right of way within the Village is prohibited and subject to fine. The Village asks that all residents do their part in promoting the health and safety of all by following Village Ordinances.
2014 ROAD PROGRAM - Geske and Sons, Inc. will begin the planned road work the first part of October, and will be working throughout the month, with a finish date of October 31st. They will be working from 7:00 a.m. until 4 or 5:00 p.m. patching portions of twelve Village roads: Border Lane, Essex Lane, Eton Drive, Hewes Drive, Lakeview Place, Mockingbird Lane, Cherry Hill Road, Randolph Court, Stone Marsh Lane, Thomas Drive and Timberlake Road. Roads slated for total resurfacing include Duck Pond Lane, Hillandale Court, Honey Lake Court, North Signal Hill Road and Old Oak Road.
Notification will go out to the residences in those areas. Signage will also be made listing the Villages’ s website to provide additional information. Geske and Sons will notify homeowners a day in advance of when driveways will be inaccessible. The oil prime will be sprayed very early in the morning (2 or 3 a.m.) so as not to interfere with early morning commuters.
HALLOWEEN TRICK OR TREATING HOURS - 3-7 PM, FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31ST
- Tire Recycling Event! Friday, October 31, 2014 8 am to 1 pm, Lake County Division of Transportation offering event for Lake County Illinois residents - passenger car, truck and tractor tires accepted. The press release can be found here.
FALL SIX WEEK LEAF PROGRAM - For residents who only wish to dispose of leaves in the fall, Waste Management is offering a Six Week Leaf Program, from October 21 to November 25th. Residents wanting to dispose of leaves only, must place one leaf sticker on each biodegradable Kraft paper bag or properly marked can (maximum 32 gallons and 50 pounds) and placed curbside for collection on the regularly scheduled pick up day. Stickers will be available for purchase through the North Barrington Village Hall and Waste Management. The cost of the stickers is $1.00 each. For further information on the program, contact either the Village Hall or Waste Management Customer Service, 800-796-9696.
2014 FALL CHIPPING PROGRAM, NOVEMBER 10th - North Barrington Residents (excluding Wynstone) can place brush no larger than 4” in diameter stacked neatly at the edge of the road, with large ends out, and the pile cannot exceed 8’ in length by 3’ in height. All items must be placed by the end of the day Sunday, November 9th. Chipping will begin on Monday, November 10th. The chipping truck will only make one pass through the Village; brush placed after Sunday, November 9th will not be picked up. If you have any questions about the program, contact Cuba Township Highway Supervisor Randy Marks at 847-381-7793.
- BACOG Well Water Quality Testing Event, November 2014. Test Kit Pick-up at Village of North Barrington Village Hall, November 11-13th during regular office hours. $10 per kit, only cash or checks are accepted; please have exact change or make checks payable to "Lake County Health Department". Test Kit Drop off - ONE DAY ONLY, November 18th, 3:30-7:00 pm at the Garlands of Barrington, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington. Read the full press release here.
- November 4, 2014 General Election information can be found here on the Lake County Clerk's website. The April 7, 2015 Consolidated Election filing information can be found here. Positions open on the Board include Village Trustee - four year term (3 open positions), and Village President - four year term. Petitions are available for pick up starting Tuesday, September 23, which is also the first day to circulate Nomination Petitions and Monday, December 22 the last day to file petitions. The Village Hall will remain open until 5:00 p.m. on December 22nd as required by state statute 10 ILCS 5/1-4. For more information, contact the Village Hall.
- Roberts & River Roads Road Closure- Lake County DOT will be closing River Road to through traffic from Kelsey Road to Roberts Road, beginning Monday, August 11th at 6 a.m. for FOUR months. The closure is necessary to install the ground improvement columns that wil stabilize the soils underneath the proposed roadway. Local traffic will have access to residences and businesses, from the south, within the closure area. Additional information regarding this project can be found here..
- Waste Management Rates Increase. The Consumer Price Index change for the last 12 months was 2%; new monthly rates will take effect September 1st:
Senior Discount Curb Service
Senior Discount Backdoor Service
Seasonal Y/W Program
- GARAGE SALES. Occasional sales, commonly known as garage sales, house sales, estate sales, yard sales and rummage sales are permitted in the Village however; a permit is required if 3 or more persons from different households combine their efforts to hold the sale at 3 or more residences. The permit fee is $25.00 and applications are found here. Garage sales may not be conducted by the same household in excess of 2 days within any 6 month period. The sale must not begin before 9:00 a.m. nor continue later than 6:00 p.m. Temporary directional signs are permitted, but must be removed promptly at the conclusion of the sale.
- Lake County E-Newsletters. With a county as large as Lake County, keeping residents informed about county news and issues can be challenging. If you'd like to sign up for communications from our Board member (District 17, Nick Sauer), please click here.
- Barrington Area Community Calendar. To find out what is going on in your neighborhood as well as surrounding area, consult the online Barrington Area Community Calendar found here. You can even sign up for email notification! A great tool!
- Barrington Area Council on Aging (BACOA) Programs including Tax Assistance Program and Pace Dial-a-Ride can be found here.
- Conservation Information: Heritage Tree Ordinance, Best Management Practices Handbook, Conservation at Home programs including Rain Gardens can be found here.
- Garbage Collection & Recycling information (including electronics, compact fluorescent bulbs and prescriptions drugs) can be found here.
- Outdoor Activities - Eton Park, Citizens for Conservation and Stillman Nature Center information can be found here.
- Septic and Well Information can be found here.
- Utility Information: Aggregation, ComEd and NiCor Gas can be found here.
- Vehicle Stickers, Parking, Dogs and 50/50 Culvert Information can be found here.