- Barrington Area Council on Aging (BACOA) Programs including Tax Assistance Program and Pace Dial-a-Ride can be found here.
- Conservation Information: Heritage Tree Ordinance, Best Management Practices Handbook, Conservation at Home programs including Rain Gardens can be found here.
- Garbage Collection & Recycling information (including electronics, compact fluorescent bulbs and prescriptions drugs) can be found here.
- Outdoor Activities - Eton Park, Citizens for Conservation and Stillman Nature Center information can be found here.
- Septic and Well Information can be found here.
- Utility Information: Aggregation, ComEd and NiCor Gas can be found here.
- Vehicle Stickers, Parking, Dogs and 50/50 Culvert Information can be found here.
News and Information:
- Ela Township Electronics Recycling Day on Saturday, April 26th from 8 am to 1 pm, Knox Park, 1155 E. Route 22, Lake Zurich.
- Spring Time and Septic Systems. The Lake County Health Department/Community Health Center is reminding the community that spring is the time of year that can put substantial stress on septic systems, especially older systems. This is due to an abundance of water in the environment that must absorb into the soil or travel over the landscape. Click here for some simple things that you can do to help your septic system work better during the wet times of the year and year round.
- Road Repair News:
- Miller Road - Lake County Division of Transportation engineers believe that warmer temperatures will level out the road which currently has a ripple effect from the frozen ground protruding upward. If not, the contractors will be back out to address the pavement.
- Roberts & River Roads Intersection Improvement - Lake County in conjunction with the State of Illinois, will redevelop the intersection into a roundabout. This will improve traffic flow and reduce the possibility of t-intersection accidents. If you have questions or would like to learn more about the project, please attend the Lake County Division of Transportation's (LCDOT) Construction Public Information Meeting being held to present the construction schedule and detour plan. The meeting will be conducted on an informal, open-house basis. Exhibits will be on display and LCDOT representatives and construction consultants will be present to provide information and answer questions. The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 29th from 5-7 pm at the Lake Barrington Village Hall, 23860 Old Barrington Road.
- IL Route 22, East of IL Route 59 - Illinois Department of Transportation repaving of Route 22 was delayed due to the County's improvements on Miller Road. IDOT has indicated that they will be back out some time this spring to complete the repaving of Route 22, East of Route 59 to US Route 12.
- Lake County E-Newsletters. With a county as large as Lake County, keeping residents informed about county news and issues can be challenging. If you'd like to sign up for communications from our Board member (District 17, Nick Sauer), please click here.
- Barrington Area Community Calendar. To find out what is going on in your neighborhood as well as surrounding area, consult the online Barrington Area Community Calendar found here. You can even sign up for email notification! A great tool!