News and Information:
- Waste Management Service will be delayed 1 day due to the Labor Day Holiday. Trash pick up will be on Wednesday, September 3rd, and will resume to the regular schedule the following week. Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend!
- Concert in Eton Park - Due to inclement weather, the concert scheduled for Saturday, August 23rd, was cancelled. Stay tuned for a rain date!
- Roberts & River Roads Road Closure- Lake County DOT will be closing River Road to through traffic from Kelsey Road to Roberts Road, beginning Monday, August 11th at 6 a.m. for FOUR months. The closure is necessary to install the ground improvement columns that wil stabilize the soils underneath the proposed roadway. Local traffic will have access to residences and businesses, from the south, within the closure area. Additional information regarding this project can be found here.
- Mosquito Spraying. Based on mosquito surveillance and high counts, there will be an adult control application on Friday evening, August 22, 2014, weather permitting. This was the seventh mosquito control application of the season, previous treatments were 7/25, 6/6, 6/13, 6/20, 6/27 and 7/12. For additional information or to be placed on the spray notification list, call the Mosquito Hotline at (800) 942-2555.
Assessment Notices: Property owners will be receiving their blue assessment notices over the next few weeks. It's important for taxpayers to read and understand this notice. A newsletter to connect you to the resources you will need to help you evaluate your property assessment can be found here.
- Waste Management Rates Increase. The Consumer Price Index change for the last 12 months was 2%; new monthly rates will take effect September 1st:
Senior Discount Curb Service
Senior Discount Backdoor Service
Seasonal Y/W Program
- Interns to perform Culvert Inventory throughout the Village. The Village of North Barrington is conducting a study of the drainage ways and culverts located in the road right of ways. The purpose of this study is to better understand the way stormwater flows through our streets; the condition of our drainage ways and culverts; and to ultimately reduce flooding, maintain our infrastructure and improve water flow. We are accomplishing the project through the use of interns to reduce the cost to our residents. As you may know, the Village has been implementing action items from the Flint Creek Watershed Plan for the past several years to protect our ground and surface water and improve and maintain the quality of life for our residents. You may see these student working in your neighborhood and in other neighborhoods in North Barrington throughout the summer. We appreciate your patience as they clean, inspect and document the culverts. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Nancy Schumm, project coordinator, (847) 975-8391.
- GARAGE SALES. Occasional sales, commonly known as garage sales, house sales, estate sales, yard sales and rummage sales are permitted in the Village however; a permit is required if 3 or more persons from different households combine their efforts to hold the sale at 3 or more residences. The permit fee is $25.00 and applications are found here. Garage sales may not be conducted by the same household in excess of 2 days within any 6 month period. The sale must not begin before 9:00 a.m. nor continue later than 6:00 p.m. Temporary directional signs are permitted, but must be removed promptly at the conclusion of the sale.
- Lake County E-Newsletters. With a county as large as Lake County, keeping residents informed about county news and issues can be challenging. If you'd like to sign up for communications from our Board member (District 17, Nick Sauer), please click here.
- Barrington Area Community Calendar. To find out what is going on in your neighborhood as well as surrounding area, consult the online Barrington Area Community Calendar found here. You can even sign up for email notification! A great tool!
- Barrington Area Council on Aging (BACOA) Programs including Tax Assistance Program and Pace Dial-a-Ride can be found here.
- Conservation Information: Heritage Tree Ordinance, Best Management Practices Handbook, Conservation at Home programs including Rain Gardens can be found here.
- Garbage Collection & Recycling information (including electronics, compact fluorescent bulbs and prescriptions drugs) can be found here.
- Outdoor Activities - Eton Park, Citizens for Conservation and Stillman Nature Center information can be found here.
- Septic and Well Information can be found here.
- Utility Information: Aggregation, ComEd and NiCor Gas can be found here.
- Vehicle Stickers, Parking, Dogs and 50/50 Culvert Information can be found here.