- Barrington Area Council on Aging (BACOA) Programs including Tax Assistance Program and Pace Dial-a-Ride can be found here.
- Conservation Information: Heritage Tree Ordinance, Best Management Practices Handbook, Conservation at Home programs including Rain Gardens can be found here.
- Garbage Collection & Recycling information (including electronics, compact fluorescent bulbs and prescriptions drugs) can be found here.
- Outdoor Activities - Eton Park, Citizens for Conservation and Stillman Nature Center information can be found here.
- Septic and Well Information can be found here.
- Utility Information: Aggregation, ComEd and NiCor Gas can be found here.
- Vehicle Stickers, Parking, Dogs and 50/50 Culvert Information can be found here.
News and Information:
- Lake County Health Department Offers Open House and Reduced Water Testing Rates in Recognition of National Groundwater Awareness Week. Between March 3-13, the Department is offering reduced rates for water testing. North Barrington residents can pick up sterile test bottles at the North Barrington Village Hall. Bring all collected water samples for analysis to the Lake County Central Permit Facility and Environmental Laboratory, 500 W. Winchester Road in Libertyville between 7:30 am and 3:30 pm, Monday through Thursday. During this time, the normal $16.00 analysis fee for testing for bacteria and nitrates will be reduced to $10.00 for well owners. For more information, view the press release found here. After this program, the Village will still keep a supply of testing kits on hand for resident use.
- ComEd offers Flexible Payment Options and Financial Assistance to Customers in Need. ComEd has dedicated $10 million in assistance funds in 2014 to help customers facing financial hardship pay their electric Bill. Through April 1, 2014, ComEd has adjusted the eligibility requirements for financial assistance programs for eligible residents including seniors, veterans and activated members fo the armed services. In addition the company is now offering flexible budget billing and flexible deferred payment agreement options to assist customers receiving higher than normal bills in light of the severe cold weather blanketing northern Illinois. Further information can be found here.
- Mortgage Relief Project. The Governor's Office as well as other State agencies are sponsoring an event to make homeowners aware of programs to help lower mortgage payments, avoid foreclosure and keep your home. Learn more at the Mortgage Relief Project outreach event on April 5, 2014 at the Palatine Village Hall. Registration information and more Mortgage Relief Project information can be found here.
Healthier Barrington Coalition. Let your voice be heard! Take the Healthier Barrington Survey! Help us determine what specific needs exist for persons 50 years or older. The survey is available online by clicking here.
- Winter Weather Concerns. Snowplowing services are provided by the Cuba Township Road District. Any concerns about plowing and/or mailbox damage should be reported directly to the Township. Their number is 847-381-7793.
- Lake County E-Newsletters. With a county as large as Lake County, keeping residents informed about county news and issues can be challenging. If you'd like to sign up for communications from our Board member (District 17, Nick Sauer), please click here.
- Barrington Area Community Calendar. To find out what is going on in your neighborhood as well as surrounding area, consult the online Barrington Area Community Calendar found here. You can even sign up for email notification! A great tool!