News and Information:
- Waste Pickup will be one day late due to the Memorial Day weekend. The regular schedule will resume next week.
- ELECTRICAL AGGREGATION. The Village of North Barrington has renewed its aggregation program with Constellation Energy Services, Inc. at a price of 7.09 cents per kWh from your July 2015 meter read through your July 2017 meter read. As a resident or small business owner in North Barrington, you are elligible to participate in the program. If you already are in the program, you will automatically remain in the program unless you opt out by June 19, 2015. If you have not signed up for the program, you will automatically be enrolled in the program unless you opt out by June 19, 2015. You will receive this information in the mail in the next few days, as well as postcards to opt out. Frequently asked questions and answers can be found here. For more information, you may contact Constellation at 855-776-5597 or visit their website found here.
- HELP PROTECT BASIC SERVICES AND QUALITY OF LIFE IN NORTH BARRINGTON! The Illinois Legislature and Governor Rauner are considering taking local revenue to patch the state's budget holes at the expense of Illinois' cities and villages. This local revenue funds basic services like police protection, road repairs and maintenance, infrastructure projects, and snoplowing. If the state proposal becomes a reality, the Village of North Barrington would lose $150,826 annually. Our communiy is opposed to raising taxes or eliminating essential services or vital public works projects to make up for this lost revenue. YOU CAN HELP by telling Springfield that they can't fix their problem by shifting the burden onto local communities. Visit www.ProtectMyTown.com to send a letter to your legislators and Governor Rauner urging them not to take our tax dollars!
- Household Chemical Waste Collection Event, June 6 - 8 am to 2:30 pm Wauconda High School. See flyer here.
- Electronic Recycling. Cuba Township is currently accepting electronics for recycling. There are some new rules, please see press release found here.
- Lake County Senior Services. Catholic Charities Lake County Senior Services provides supportive services to help seniors safely maintain their independence by coordination of many services including transportation, home delivered meals, residential repair and renovation, community care program and many others. Please check their website for a full menu of their programs, www.catholiccharities.net.
- Solicitation. Residents are reminded that solicitation is not allowed in the Village unless they have obtained a permit from the Village of North Barrington. Note the company, a license plate, and contact the Lake County Sheriff at either 911 or their non-emergency #847-549-5200.
- Lake County Sheriff's Office Warns Residents of Phone Scammers from missing jury duty, a granchild or relative stranded in jail, or to owing money to the IRS. For full details of these scams and how to contat your local police agency, click here.
- Scam Alert! Delinquent Property Taxes Letter to Seniors. The Lake County Treasurer's Office is alerting homeowners to a scam targeting seniors. Seniors are receiving a letter in the mail claiming that the County will take their house if they don't pay the delinquent taxes on their property. In each of the cases we've seen so far, the homeowner is paid in full and NOT delinquent in their taxes. If you receive one of these letters, you do not need to take any action if your taxes have been paid in full. If you have any questions or want to double check the status of your payment, you should call the Treasurer's Office at 847.377.2323 or check on line at www.lakecountyil.gov/treasurer. DO NOT contact the person listed on the letter..
- DAYS AND HOURS BURNING PERMITTED
Landscape Burn: Landscape burns may be conducted only on the following days and during the following times:
January through December any day between twelve o'clock (12:00) noon and five o'clock (5:00) P.M. but not on any national holiday that falls on those days.
Leaf Burn: Leaf burns may be conducted only on the following days and during the following times:
April 1 to May 31 and October 1 to November 30: On each Thursday and Sunday between ten o'clock (10:00) A.M. and three o'clock (3:00) P.M., but not on any national holiday that falls on those days.
No fire shall be left unattended and there should be a ready source of sufficient water to extinguish the fire in the event of any emergency. Burning on any public street or right of way within the Village is prohibited and subject to fine. The Village asks that all residents do their part in promoting the health and safety of all by following Village Ordinances.
- Lake County E-Newsletters. With a county as large as Lake County, keeping residents informed about county news and issues can be challenging. If you'd like to sign up for communications from our Board member (District 17, Nick Sauer), please click here.
- Barrington Area Community Calendar. To find out what is going on in your neighborhood as well as surrounding area, consult the online Barrington Area Community Calendar found here. You can even sign up for email notification! A great tool!
- Barrington Area Council on Aging. BACOA offers many programs such as "Take Charge - a proactive approach to diabetes"; Caregiver Support Groups, Cuisine Club, Health Insurance Consultation, Pace Dial-a-Ride, among others. For a full listing, visit their website found here.
- Conservation Information: Heritage Tree Ordinance, Best Management Practices Handbook, Conservation at Home programs including Rain Gardens can be found here.
- Garbage Collection & Recycling information (including electronics, compact fluorescent bulbs and prescriptions drugs) can be found here.
- Outdoor Activities - Citizens for Conservation and Stillman Nature Center information can be found here.
- Septic and Well Information can be found here.
- Utility Information: Aggregation, ComEd and NiCor Gas can be found here.
- Vehicle Stickers, Parking, Dogs and 50/50 Culvert Information can be found here.