News and Information:
- April 4, 2017 Consolidated Election. There are 3 open positions for Village Trustee (four-year terms). Voting by mail begins March 10th. Early voting beings March 20th at non-state mandated sites and ends April 1st at non- state mandated sites. For further questions, please contact the Village Hall.
- New Ordinances include:
- Keeping of Bees and Chickens. The Village Board recently passed an Ordinance regarding the residential keeping of Bees and Chickens. The ordinance in its entirety can be found here. If you have additional questions, please contact Building and Zoning Officer Kelly Rafferty at 847-381-6000, ext. 14
- Rental Properties. The Village Board recently passed an Ordinance regarding Short Term Rentals.
- Rental by the preceding owner following sale to a new owner.
- Rental of a different home by a resident of the Village following the sale of such resident’s home.
- Rental for a period of less than 93 days where the owner receives from the Village Administrator a permit upon payment of a fee of fifty dollars ($50.00)) and upon providing to the Village Administrator evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Village Administrator that the primary purpose of the rental is other than the holding of one or more parties or other gatherings of more than ten (10) persons. Upon any rental the property owner shall remain responsible for compliance with all applicable provisions of the Village Code.
Free Shredding Event - Cuba Township Road District
Saturday, April 15th from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm, Cuba Township Road District Garage, 28160 W. Cuba Road, Barrington. This even is for Cuba Township residents only. Please contact the Cuba Township Road District with questions. (847) 381-7793.
April 22, Eton Park 12-3 pm
Earth Day Spring Green-Up Celebration
Rain or Shine!Electronics Recycling, Arbor Day & Earth Day Celebration! The Village of North Barrington and Prairieland Disposal are hosting a special electronics and shoe recycling drop off during the first annual EARTH DAY SPRING GREEN UP CELEBRATION.Electronics Recycling (for North Barrington residents only, please). Bring in those old or unused printers, laptops, cameras, scanners, computers, tablets, smartphones, telephones, answering machines, video games, TVs (one per household), VCRs, stereo equipment, monitors, and CD/DVR players.Reuse a Shoe. Bring attached pairs of shoes for donation to charity.Neighborhood Green Up. Walk your neighborhood, collect trash and bring it to Eton Park for recycling.More activities include: free tree seedlings for Arbor Day, Kid activities and Crafts, light refreshments, and see a cart that runs on food scraps. Event sponsored by the Environmental & Health Commission, the Parks & Recreation Commission, the Village Forester, Prairieland Disposal and SWALCO.
BACOG Water SurveyDoes your family’s water come from a private well? Do you know bacteria and nitrates may be lurking in your drinking water? Experts recommend annual testing for all homes relying on private well water. If your water comes from a private well, please help us better understand Barrington-area residents’ awareness of private well water testing by taking this short, confidential survey conducted by the Barrington Area Council of Governments (BACOG). Please complete this survey by April 25. The survey can be found here.Please contact BACOG at (847) 381-7871 with any questions.
Shoe Recycling at the Village Hall!
We now collect and recycle unwearable athletic shoes at our Village Hall. We also collect other styles of used — but wearable — shoes and boots and donate them to charity. For more information, contact the Village Hall, 847-381-6000.