News and Information:
- Lake County Stormwater Management Commission has published their Watershed news for April/May including help on alleviating flooding; the Enews can be found here.
New Ordinances include:
- Keeping of Bees and Chickens. The Village Board recently passed an Ordinance regarding the residential keeping of Bees and Chickens. The ordinance in its entirety can be found here. If you have additional questions, please contact Building and Zoning Officer Kelly Rafferty at 847-381-6000, ext. 14
- Rental Properties. The Village Board recently passed an Ordinance regarding Short Term Rentals.
- Rental by the preceding owner following sale to a new owner.
- Rental of a different home by a resident of the Village following the sale of such resident’s home.
- Rental for a period of less than 93 days where the owner receives from the Village Administrator a permit upon payment of a fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) and upon providing to the Village Administrator evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Village Administrator that the primary purpose of the rental is other than the holding of one or more parties or other gatherings of more than ten (10) persons. Upon any rental the property owner shall remain responsible for compliance with all applicable provisions of the Village Code.
- Shoe Recycling at the Village Hall!
We now collect and recycle unwearable athletic shoes at our Village Hall. We also collect other styles of used — but wearable — shoes and boots and donate them to charity. For more information, contact the Village Hall, 847-381-6000.
- Food Scrap Recycling click on the link for more information http://www.prairielanddisposal.com/recycling/#food... or you may contact Prairieland Disposal at 847-381-9300 to subscribe.