News and Information:
Free Webinars for well owners. In just two hours you can learn the basics of well care and get answers to the most common questions about testing, treatment and more. Dates are December 19, 2016 at 1 pm and January 23, 2017, at 1 pm. More information can be found here.
- April 4, 2017 Consolidated Election. There are 3 open positions for Village Trustee (four-year terms). Nomination Petitions are currently available for pick up at the Village Hall. The Nomination Petition filing period is from December 12th through 19th. Must be 18 years of age and a resident in the Village of North Barrington for at least one year prior to the election date of April 4, 2017. For general election information and the 2017 State of Illinois Candidate's Guide go to: www.elections.il.gov. For further questions, please contact the Village Hall.
- New Ordinances include:
- Keeping of Bees and Chickens. The Village Board recently passed an Ordinance regarding the residential keeping of Bees and Chickens. The ordinance in its entirety can be found here. If you have additional questions, please contact Building and Zoning Officer Kelly Rafferty at 847-381-6000, ext. 14
- Rental Properties. The Village Board recently passed an Ordinance regarding Short Term Rentals.
- Rental by the preceding owner following sale to a new owner.
- Rental of a different home by a resident of the Village following the sale of such resident’s home.
- Rental for a period of less than 93 days where the owner receives from the Village Administrator a permit upon payment of a fee of fifty dollars ($50.00)) and upon providing to the Village Administrator evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Village Administrator that the primary purpose of the rental is other than the holding of one or more parties or other gatherings of more than ten (10) persons. Upon any rental the property owner shall remain responsible for compliance with all applicable provisions of the Village Code.