In order to further protect the health and safety of our residents and employees from the spread of COVID-19, the North Barrington Village Hall is now closed to the public. The Village encourages residents to conduct business by phone, mail or email when possible. In addition, residents can utilize the "Resident Dropoff" which is located outside the entry doors of Village Hall.
Remote attendance is being provided for upcoming Village meetings by calling (425) 436-6311 and entering access code 278554#. To limit background noise, please mute your line by hitting the mute button on your phone or by pressing *6. To unmute, press *6 again in order to speak.
Public comments may be submitted to the Village Administrator by 4:00pm the day of the meeting by phone at (847) 381-6000, ext.10, in writing, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly indicate your name and address for the record.
Permits & Inspections
The Village will continue to process permit applications, however inspections are very limited at this time.
Residents are asked to please practice social distancing while enjoying the Village's parks. The playground at Eton Park is currently closed to avoid potential spread of the virus.
If you have business with the Village that cannot be delayed or conducted by phone mail or email, please contact Village Administrator Shannon Andrews to schedule an appointment.
Residents are also encouraged to register their email address to receive electronic updates and communications from the Village.
Eleanor Sweet McDonnell, Village President
(224) 663-8112, email@example.com
Shannon Andrews, Village Administrator
(847) 381-6000, x10, firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Updates
The leadership at the Village of North Barrington is staying informed on the latest COVID-19 updates through regular calls at the national, state and local levels. The Village’s top priority during these difficult times is the health and safety of our residents. The Village receives new information each day, but the most significant recent announcements have been summarized below:
- April 1, 2020 - Lake County Health Department Press Release
- March 31, 2020 - Governor Extends "Stay at Home" Order through April 30, 2020
- Illinois Extends tax filing deadline to July 15 to align with federal government
- March 20, 2020 - Governor Issues "Stay at Home" Order
- March 19, 2020 Press Release - North Barrington Declaration of Local State of Emergency
- Stay at Home Frequently Asked Questions
- Governor Announces Sales Tax Deferral for Bars and Restaurants, SBA Loan Eligibility, New Grocery Hours for Seniors, Expanded Health Care Services
- Residents with mild symptoms are being asked to stay home and self-quarantine. Please save test kits and hospital resources for those who truly need them, especially first responders and front-line health care workers.
- All bars and restaurants in the state have suspended dine-in operations. Limited to in-house delivery, third party delivery, drive-through and curbside pickup.
- The state of Illinois mandated the cancellation of events of more than 50 people and the White House is advising against gatherings of over 10 people.
- State leaders have asked that residents DO NOT HOARD, so there are enough resources for all residents.
COVID-19 Information & Resources
If you are showing symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing or have come in contact with a person that has been identified as being infected with COVID-19, your first step should be to contact your doctor. Do not walk into a healthcare facility, urgent care clinic, or hospital before calling. Discuss your symptoms with your doctor. If your doctor feels your symptoms merit further assessment, they will contact the Lake County Health Department.
Lake County Health Department
- Website: Lake County Health Department
- Phone: (847) 377-8130
- Email questions to:COVID19@lakecountyil.gov
Illinois Department of Public Health
- Website: Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH): Coronavirus
- Illinois COVID-19 Hotline: 1(800) 889-3931
- Email questions to: DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
- Chicago Health Department
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
2020 Vehicle Stickers
The 2020 Vehicle Sticker applications have been mailed to all North Barrington residents. New this year, you will notice that there are some modifications to the classifications of vehicles and the basic rate for passenger vehicles and motorcycles. In addition, the Village is pleased to announce that it is now offering residents the ability to register their vehicles and submit payment on-line!!
Online payment options include Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover; however there is a service fee of 2.35% or a minimum of $1.00. E-checks are also accepted for a service fee of $0.50. These fees are not charged or collected by the Village of North Barrington. To register your vehicles online, please use the link below:
Residents needing online assistance with the new process are welcome to contact Village Hall at (847) 381-6000.
As always, residents are still welcome to exchange their completed application and payment for stickers at Village Hall, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Alternatively, the application and payment can be mailed to Village Hall and the stickers will be mailed to your address.
Payments received after May 1, 2020 will be charged at the penalty rate.