Eleanor Sweet McDonnell
Village of North Barrington Guiding Principles: Our Promise to You.
- We serve you, the residents first. You are our customer.
- To treat everyone and each other with respect, dignity and kindness.
- Based on the information we have at the time; we will not make a decision that negatively affects you or your families' safety.
- Based on the information we have at the time; we will not make a decision that negatively affects your home values.
- When making decisions, we will be considering the impact on the entire community first.
- We will always promise to operate transparently, where allowed legally.
- We will strive for reducing our deficit budget. and closing the gap where possible.
Eleanor civic background: (Approximately 14 years of public service to North Barrington)
Past Lake County Board - Appointed Lake Zurich Rural Fire Department Trustee
Past Village of North Barrington Fire Commissioner
Past Village of North Barrington Plan Commission Member
Eleanor's Professional and Community Awards:
2015 Influential Women in Business (The Business Ledger - Daily Herald)
2014 Women of Distinction - Lake County (Shaw Media)
2014 ATHENA International Leadership Award - Nominee
Resident of Lake County for 33 years, North Barrington
Married 23 years, mother of two wonderful young adults , (BHS) and DePaul University) and two cats .