Eleanor Sweet McDonnell
Village of North Barrington Guiding Principles: Our Promise to You.
- We serve you, the residents. You will always be the primary focus of our attention.
- We will treat everyone and each other with respect, dignity, and kindness.
- We will not take any action that, based on the information we have at the time, would negatively affect you or your families' safety.
- We will not make any decision that, based on the information we have at the time, negatively impacts your home values.
- When making decisions, we will consider the impact on the entire community first.
- We will conduct Village business with transparency and in accordance with all applicable laws.
- We will endeavor to reduce any budget deficits and to bring our expenditures in balance with our available reveneus and resources.
Eleanor civic background: (Approximately 14 years of public service to North Barrington)
Past Lake County Board - Appointed Lake Zurich Rural Fire Department Trustee
Past Village of North Barrington Fire Commissioner
Past Village of North Barrington Plan Commission Member
Eleanor's Professional and Community Awards:
2015 Influential Women in Business (The Business Ledger - Daily Herald)
2014 Women of Distinction - Lake County (Shaw Media)
2014 ATHENA International Leadership Award - Nominee
Resident of Lake County for 33 years, North Barrington
Married 23 years, mother of two wonderful young adults , (BHS) and DePaul University) and two cats .