Mosquito SprayingThere will be a Mosquito Spraying Friday, July 13, 2018, weather permitting. Treatment can be anytime between dusk and dawn. This will be the fifth application; the first was Friday, June 1st; the second was Friday, June 15th; third June 29th; the fourth was Friday July 6th. Standing water found in buckets, drains, watering cans etc. provide mosquitoes with an excellent area to lay their eggs. So, to help make your home and garden less attractive to these pesky biting insects you should remove any standing water that might have collected in and around your home and garden. To report nuisances in your area, please call 800-942-2555. More info on mosquito spraying can be found here.
Mosquitoes test positive for West Nile virus in Lake County. For more information and how to protect yourself, click here.
2018 Road Resurfacing program info can be found here.
Drainage and cross culvert work will begin on Monday, 7/16; saw cutting of roadway is ongoing. Grinding of pavement will begin Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, for about three days, following pavement. All residents will have access in/out of all street locations.
BACOG Water Testing Event September 5th
More information will follow as it becomes available.
Electrical Aggregation Update!
The program with Constellation will end in July, 2018 and the Village has entered into an agreement with another provider, Dynegy.
To participate in the program, residents need not take any further action as they will be automatically enrolled. To reject enrollment, residents may opt-out before May 25th using the instructions in the attached letter, which also contains a list of FAQs. They may also opt out any time during the agreement with no fees or penalties.
- Those already in the program will experience no change on their ComEd bill other than the supplier name changing from Constellation to Dynegy, and the new rate of 7.277 cents/kWh starting July 2018.
- Those not currently in the program will be entered in effective July 2018.
- Residents who have chosen their own supplier outside of the program will experience no change in their chosen provider or rate.
- If you have questions or need additional information about Municipal Aggregation or Dynegy, please visit www.Dynegy.com for FAQs and community specific information. Dynegy Customer Care is available 8:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Friday at 844-351-7691 or via email at
- Christmas Light Recycling- container is located inside the North Barrington Village Hall.
- Shoes and Boots -We now collect and recycle unwearable athletic shoes at our Village Hall. We also collect other styles of used — but wearable — shoes and boots and donate them to charity. For more information, contact the Village Hall, 847-381-6000.
Flower Vases - Don't know what to do with all those unwanted vases in your cabinet? Please save and drop off any style flower vase to be used for flower arrangement donations to local health care and nursing home facilities The charity organization "Random Acts of Flowers" will arrange and deliver lovely floral arrangements to help cheer residents using your old vases. Drop off is accepted at our Prairie Land's Lake Barrington office (21988 N. Pepper Road, Lake Barrington, Illinois - office hours 8-5 M-F, Saturday 8-12) at regular hours (please bring into office).... Please wrap all vases in bubble wrap or news paper for transport. Medium size vases up to (13 inches) glass, plastic, ceramic, and metal are accepted. Thank you making a difference in someone's life!
Consider joining the Parks and Recreation Commission or Environment & Health Commission. To sign up contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org *Application for Volunteer Position