The Village of North Barrington periodically issues requests for proposals, qualifications, bids and quotations for various products and services. See below for any active requests:
Requests for Proposals
The Village of North Barrington is currently accepting proposals for solid waste and recycling services. Proposals will be accepted until Friday, May 15, 2020 at 10:00 am, at:
Village of North Barrington
111 Old Barrington Road
North Barrington, IL 60010
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please download the following RFP documents using the link provided above, and send an email to email@example.com so that you can be added to the list of interested parties.
Questions Submitted to the Village for clarification:
- Please provide the annual tonnage for refuse, recycle and yard waste for the last three years.
- Please provide the number of different cart sizes for refuse and recycle
- Refuse should have three (3) options of cart sizes: small (45-gallon or similar), medium (65-gallon or similar) and large (95-gallon or similar)
- Recycling should have one (1) option of cart size – large (95-gallon or similar)
- Food Scraps should have one (1) option of cart size – extra small (32-gallon cart or similar)
- Please provide the number of residents that currently participate in the organics service. The Village currently has 29 residents using the organics service.
- What are the current rates? Residents using the organics service are charged $4.25/month.
- What is the current service day(s)? Is the Village open to multiple service days? The current service day for the Village is Tuesday. The Village is open to multiple service days.
- Please confirm the following:
- Refuse is limited to what fits in a particular cart size. Correct, however residents have the ability to lease additional carts at the rate specified within the proposal.
- (1) bulk item is included with each cart size – No, the bulk item is included for each household, regardless of the cart size or quantity of carts.
- Contractors are not required to quote on the Ala Carte Services. Correct, contractors are not required to quote on the Ala Carte Services.
- How many seniors receive the senior discount? A discount for seniors is not currently provided.
- How many residents have back door service? The Village currently has 48 residents using the back door service.
- Is it my understanding that the Village wants separate monthly rate for refuse, recycle and yard waste, not one combined rate? Yes, the Village would like to see the rates for each service separately.
- Is the franchise fee collected from the residents as an add on to their monthly bill? The proposal does not specify, however the Village is open to this as an option.
- Please clarify the following statement in Section 1.0 A “Should the Village select the Village-wide option, it will be in place of the subscription-based option and the Customer will not be charged the subscription-based rate.” If the Village chooses not to exercise the A La Carte option for Village-wide food scrap collection, residents will have the option to subscribe to the service at the subscription rate quoted. If the Village chooses to exercise the Village-wide food scrap collection under the A La Carte options, all residents would receive the service and would be charged the A La Carte rate instead of the subscription rate. Residents will not be charged twice for the same service.
- List of Items, Schedule of Requirements, Scope of Work, Terms of Reference, Bill of Materials required. Please refer to the Request for Proposal Document.
- Names of countries that will be eligible to participate in this tender. The Request for Proposal does not specify names of countries that will be eligible to participate. For Submittal Requirements, please review Section 6.0.
- Information about the Tendering Procedure and Guidelines. Please refer to the Request for Proposal Document.
- Estimated Budget for this Purchase. There is no estimated budget. This Request for Proposal is for the provision of Solid Waste and Recycling Services.
- Any extension of Bidding Deadline. There are no extensions to the Bidding Deadline.
Requests for Qualifications
None at this time.
Requests for Bids
None at this time.
Requests for Quotations
None at this time.