News and Information:
Did you know that PACE has an agreement with Barrington Township, Cuba Township, and the Village of North Barrington to provide dial a ride services for seniors/disabled for $2 a ride? Hop a ride to shopping, doctor appointments, etc. More information can be found here.Mosquito Control General Information
- The Village of North Barrington contracts with Clarke Environmental Management, Inc. of St. Charles, IL for mosquito control.
- To report nuisances in your area, please call 800-942-2555.
Requests to be Alerted Prior to Spray While the confirmation of West Nile Virus in the Chicago-land region in prior years has created an increased focus on mosquito control, the Village of North Barrington and Clarke receive some requests from residents who wish to be alerted prior to the administration of a spray treatment. Requests for such notice can be made by calling Clarke at 800-942-2555.
Difficulty In Providing a ScheduleIt is difficult to provide the public a schedule of mosquito treatments due to the factors influencing the treatments. Weather conditions greatly impact the administering of the spray treatments, and they may be cancelled at the last moment due to weather concerns. In addition to the weather, Clarke also has to administer the treatments at times when mosquito activity is likely to create the maximum benefit from a treatment.
New Ordinances include:
- Keeping of Bees and Chickens. The Village Board recently passed an Ordinance regarding the residential keeping of Bees and Chickens. The ordinance in its entirety can be found here. If you have additional questions, please contact Building and Zoning Officer Kelly Rafferty at 847-381-6000, ext. 14
- Rental Properties. The Village Board recently passed an Ordinance regarding Short Term Rentals.
- Rental by the preceding owner following sale to a new owner.
- Rental of a different home by a resident of the Village following the sale of such resident’s home.
- Rental for a period of less than 93 days where the owner receives from the Village Administrator a permit upon payment of a fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) and upon providing to the Village Administrator evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Village Administrator that the primary purpose of the rental is other than the holding of one or more parties or other gatherings of more than ten (10) persons. Upon any rental the property owner shall remain responsible for compliance with all applicable provisions of the Village Code.
- Recycling Guide to what can and cannot be recycled! Prairieland has issued a flier explaining what can and cannot be recycled, and it can be found here.
- Shoe Recycling at the Village Hall! We now collect and recycle unwearable athletic shoes at our Village Hall. We also collect other styles of used — but wearable — shoes and boots and donate them to charity. For more information, contact the Village Hall, 847-381-6000.
- Food Scrap Recycling click on the link for more information http://www.prairielanddisposal.com/recycling/#food... or you may contact Prairieland Disposal at 847-381-9300 to subscribe.