2018 Road Program
The Village of North Barrington will be performing asphalt rejuvenating maintenance on the Village streets that were part of this summer's Road Program. The contractor CAM, LLC is schedule to do work on the streets starting 10/15/18. There is no on-street parking between the hours of 7 am and 6 pm Monday, October 15th through Thursday, October 18th. The following roads will receive this treatment:
- Kimberly Road, from East Oxford to Miller Road
- Brookmont Lane, Kimberly to east end
- Rugby Road, Kimberly to east end
- Essex Lane, Rugby Road to Mockingbird Lane
- Mockingbird Lane, from Essex to north end
- Thomas Drive, from Carriage Road to east end
- Hewes Drive, from IL Route 22 to north end
- Randolph Court, from Hewes to east end.
Further information on this program, including answers to many questions, can be found here.
COAL TAR INFORMATION. Coal tar based sealcoats are one of the options for applying on asphalt driveways for protecting them from weathering and maintaining a dark, glossy appearance. Coal tar contains a high level of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), a class of chemical organic compoounds, several of which are very toxic. Prolonged exposure to the PAHs in coal tar are hazardous to human health, animal health and aquatic health whether ingested, inhaled or absorbed through the skin.The Village is considering banning the use of coal tar sealants. To learn more, click here.