2018 Road Program
Drainage and cross culvert work will begin on Monday, 7/16; saw cutting of roadway is ongoing. Grinding of pavement will begin Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, for about three days, with pavement following. All residents will have access in/out of all street locations.
Geske and Sons was awarded the 2018 street resurfacing program for the Village with the low bid of $344,575. Work will begin, weather permitting, in July. Watch the website for updates. Streets to be repaved include:
- Kimberly Road, from East Oxford to Miller Road
- Brookmont Lane, Kimberly to east end
- Rugby Road, Kimberly to east end
- Essex Lane, Rugby Road to Mocking Bird Lane
- Mockingbird Lane, from Essex to north end
- Thomas Drive, from Carriage Road to east end
- Hewes Drive, from IL Route 22 to north end
- Randolph Court, from Hewes to east end.
COAL TAR INFORMATION. Coal tar based sealcoats are one of the options for applying on asphalt driveways for protecting them from weathering and maintaining a dark, glossy appearance. Coal tar contains a high level of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), a class of chemical organic compoounds, several of which are very toxic. Prolonged exposure to the PAHs in coal tar are hazardous to human health, animal health and aquatic health whether ingested, inhaled or absorbed through the skin.The Village is considering banning the use of coal tar sealants. To learn more, click here.